2) ABOUT TUTOR
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)
A Reflection of the Tutor, and his wife
The Tutor, Mr Duncan Ang, has demonstrated that mastery and success in Biology is fully possible via accredited learning strategies.
Employing his teaching and leadership experiences gained as numerous Key Appointment Holders in schools and national assessments, and engaging current and novel concepts in biological sciences, he has been able to help many of his tuition students under his care, improve from low grades (initial grades of ‘D’ and below, often ‘U’) to ‘A’ grade for H2 Biology in the final GCE ‘A’ Level Examinations. He explains that achieving a quality grade for H2 Biology is clearly possible from careful and customized guidance in using the Learning Model.
With first-hand experience as a former full-time JC form teacher and with an Uncommon and Exceptional Academic Background, he is able to relate to the various forms of pressure that IP and JC students encounter, so that he may effectively address the learning difficulties and unlock the academic potential of IP and JC students.
The Tutor's current engagement in rigorous physical sports helped him to understand and relate to students balancing the demands of sports competitions and school assessments. He was awarded “Sports Colours Award for Cross-Country” in 2000 during National Service, and ranked top 0.68 % of all finishers of full marathon in one of the 9 public marathons (42.195 km) he has completed. Long-distance running has taught him humility and respect for both the frailty and magnificence of life.
Tutor's Three-fold Philisophy in Coaching:
- Save resources for Parent
- Save time for Student
- Education = Entertainment + Elevation. Take it Higher.
If studying Biology means lots of rote memory work and perplexed by complex networks of interlinked Bio concepts, the student may have approached Biology the wrong way. Remember, if it's not fun, then one may be learning Bio the wrong way!
Tutor Short Introduction
- Optimizes students’ answering strategies from expertise as Ex-GCE ‘A’ Level Exam Chief Internal Moderator (CIM), Chief Examiner, MOE JC Biology Lecturer and Level Coordinator
- Gold Medallist NIE 2004
- MSc in Life Sciences (NTU)
- Topped cohort in NIE teacher training
- Trained in Education Psychology and Pedagogy, & Gifted Education to comprehend students’ learning needs, and draw out students’ potential in Biology
- Astounding students’ %A Grades in past H1 and H2 GCE ‘A’ Levels, Grade 7 in IB Diploma
- Consistently ranked top since 2012, on online portal Domain of Experts featuring more than Singapore's 50 leading JC and IP tutors
- Teaching since 2004
- 9231 2554
- If it's not fun, then one may be learning Bio the wrong way!
- NEW - Author for latest GCE 'A' Level H2 Biology Ten-Year Series book, published by Singapore Asia Publisher (SAP).
- NEW - Results or Refund Guarantee Program
- NEW - Real-time Online learning Option is available now
2010-2019 GCE 'A' Level H2 Biology Ten-Year Series book, by Duncan Ang